Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Motorcycle vs Brick Wall

I found out Monday afternoon that I'm receiving the rest of the Las Vegas hospitals as my customers effective August 1. That's nice for me, because it helps the bonus and such. That's bad for the person who currently has them, though he was going to be transferring them to me anyway, just not all at one time.

It's bad because, instead of it being he transfers to me and picks up some other hospitals, it is actually he transfers to me, or more accurately, his manager transfers them to me the last week of July. Why? Saturday night, he rode a friend's motorcycle and must have lost control, driving it into a brick wall. I'm hoping it was instant, instead of a prolonged, painful wait for an ambulance. I was stunned to hear that he had died this weekend. He was only 30, has three small children (younger than my daugher) and was also the son-in-law to my VP.

It's very tragic. Any life cut short, so instantly, leaves everyone who has had contact with them in a state of shock and with many unanswered questions.

No comments: