Friday, July 14, 2006

Brookdale Lodge - Brook Room



These pictures are out of order. I still need to get the rest from hubby's computer.

However, this is the dining room for the Brookdale Lodge. In the middle of this room is a brook. The sound outside of the restaurant doors was really loud, so I could only imagine how loud it is inside.

It is said this is a haunted room because of a child that is said to have drowned in the brook. People have seen the little girl in a white dress playing on the second floor and in the main hall where the reception desk is.

There is also a mermaid room where it is said people hear the sounds of a big band and a large party late in the evening.

We didn't hear or see any of that, but the place does give a spooky feeling at times. Terry laughed at me because I got shivers down my back while reading the newspaper articles and said we needed to leave.

No comments: