Monday, October 09, 2006

D&D Campaign Over

Well, if you've gone to My Writing, you'll see that our characters died this past gaming session. Not exactly thrilled about it. What makes me unhappy is that we were not given a chance to try to escape. We were told, "you're captured, you're tortured, you're killed. Next game, what do you want to do?"

I understand Rob probably had it planned like that already and I will admit, the situation we were in was not a good one, so the chances of us escaping were pretty slim. But still, even the slightest chance would have been nice.

So, now we are starting a new campaign. Terry is going to play a monk. I am either going to play a ranger that is half high elf and half drow, or a moonknight. A moonknight is a prestige class Rob created. I have played one previously and she was pretty powerful. Rob has toned the class down some, which is actually pretty good in some aspects. I will be test playing the class for him, which means there will be things changed at the drop of a hat.

Terry and I had an idea of playing elves based on a couple I read about in the latest R.A. Salvatore trilogy about Drizzt Do'Urden. The elves fight in unison and in need of each other, completely dependent of each other. But, after the trouble we seemed to have in the last campaign playing a couple that were starting out, I decided against playing another couple. He asked if we were going to have our new characters together, even if we didn't play the elves, but I'm undecided. We are going to have to talk about it.

No comments: