Sunday, July 08, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Eighteen years ago, Terry and I went to the Little White Chapel and married. Neither family approved. My dad wanted me to go to college, but didn't really have a way to pay for it. My mom didn't like Terry, so no matter what, she was unhappy. Terry's whole family thought we wouldn't make it two years.

But here we are, eighteen years later. Today, his family is much more supportive. My dad still loves me and Terry and is happy with our success. My mother... well, she's my mother. Totally different story and really not worth the stress of trying to explain.

Every couple has issues. Terry and I have had ours. We admit that there are days we don't particularly like the other, but we always love each other. We have beautiful children. Wait, sorry. We have a beautiful daughter and a handsome son. We have plans for our own success and we support each other in our endeavors.

It makes me laugh that there are those who think they know Terry or me and know how we will react to certain situations. I know what it takes for my husband, my soulmate, to be successful and to get what he wants. Something just clicks and I can see it in his eyes, hear it in his voice and I know, he will succeed in his plans. He doesn't need to have his goals written out to make them come true. He just has to decide.

Terry decided we would have a house by 23. We did. Terry decided we would have our children by 25. He missed that goal by four days, but it was only four days. Terry decided that I would be able to do what I had always dreamed of. And he supported me in completing two novels and has decided, no matter what, by the end of the year, at least one will be published, one way or another. He continues to support me in that dream and works every day to make it easier for me to accomplish that goal for the several other novels I want to write.

Happy Anniversary, Terry. I love you very much. I will miss you so very much while you are away for the next two weeks.

1 comment:

Lela said...

Congratulations, you two, and here's to 50 more! *hugs*