Tuesday, August 28, 2007

House Update

So, a few things are going on and we've about 7 days before the builder does a walk-through, then 5 days after that and we've got the final walk-through and then keys. Yay stress!

1. The laundry room was messed up. For some reason, the contractor put the vent for the dryer and the drain washer in the wrong place, too far over and didn't leave room for the cabinet we ordered. So, they had to tear it apart and redo everything.

2. Today, Tuesday, August 28, the master bath cabinets were finally replaced and I have my vanity.

3. Terry and I went out this past weekend and bought our refrigerator. Sears was having a 20% off sale of all Kenmore products. So, we got our refrigerator for about $400 less than we had planned. That $400 paid for a warranty and the delivery.

4. We also bought a curio cabinet for the family room to place my thimbles in. Yes, I collect thimbles from all the places we visit. Family members also bring me thimbles from their travels. Terry has brought me a thimble from every place he's been while working, even as far as the Bahamas. My favorite? The moose thimble I brought home from Alaska.

5. I have planned to buy the LG Steamwash Washer and the matching dryer, in Cherry Red. (vroom vroom). We found pedestals at Home Depot, or at least one pedestal, for $100. It doesn't match, but you know, saving $100 on something like that is worth it. The other will be red to match.

Now we wait for the final stuff to be done.

Today, we got our landscaping, or at least most of it. The cabinets in the laundry room were fixed. They took the protective cover off my countertops. Things are progressing, but sometimes it just seems so slow, especially considering what day it is.

1 comment:

Lela said...

Well, regardless of the setbacks, just the pictures alone tell the story of the progress they're making, and your house is shaping up beautifully! I'm so excited for you! *hugs*